Okay friends. You did it. Despite possibly wanting to cringe, or roll your eyes, or open an incognito browser, you clicked something that said dun dun dun… essential oils! I totally get it. For years (and years) I’ve rolled my eyes at anyone involved in a multi-level marketing company. For starters, distributors can be super pushy and relentless in their attempt to grow a team. Plus, multi-level marketing companies are all schemes, and their products are complete shams, right? I thought anyone selling a product was desperate (and did I mention annoying?) and I equated essential oils to woo woo hippy shit.
Welp, never one to enjoy admitting when wrong, let me say this loud and clear. Boy, was I dead dead wrong. Clearly my views have changed, since I’m now pretty much (insert heart eye emoji) obsessed with incorporating essential oils into my lifestyle and home. And yes, I sell essential oils too. Go ahead, let out your audible gasp.
Since you’ve made it this far, I assume you’re at least intrigued by oils, whether you dare admit it to your best friends or not. Or… perhaps you’re just here to make fun of me. But assuming you’re a decent human being and you’re interest has been piqued, I’m going to give you a basic overview of essential oils.
What Are Essential Oils?
Essential oils are basically the immune system of the plant, its natural defense. They’re derived from the stem, rind, root, leaves, flowers etc. of a plant in a careful extraction and distillation process to produce what we receive in the bottle: the essential oil.
You may just be hearing about essential oils for the first time but they have actually been used for a really, really long time. Today, essential oils are still used to bring health and wellness to the body – mentally, emotionally and physically.
Just like the oil naturally defends and protects the plant, the oil does this for our bodies as well. They provide support for every system in the body: your skeletal system, muscular system, circulatory system, endocrine system (hormones), respiratory system and immune system. They support brain health and a healthy weight. They are used extensively for emotions and spiritual support in your prayer life. An oil in the diffuser can help you relax after a long day or waken you up when you need an extra boost to get work done. Oils can be used as an alternative to toxic cleaning chemicals in the home. You can literally start swapping out every single chemical cleaning toxin in your home to live a purer lifestyle, and you can do it without breaking the bank!
Young Living Therapeutic Grade Essential Oils can:
- Help eliminate toxins in your body
- Help support the different systems of the body: digestive, nervous, muscular, and more
- Promote cellular regeneration
- Pass through the blood-brain barrier
- Work on emotions via the limbic system of your brain
- Promote healthy emotional wellness and relax and clear the mind
- Transport nutrients
- Be powerful antioxidants
- Remove toxins in the air
- Promote healthy, breathable air
- Be a great alternative to chemical or toxic fragrances
And these are powerful, effective oils we’re talking about. Did you know Young Living Therapeutic Grade Essential Oils:
- Reach the brain within 22 seconds
- Within 2 minutes, they are found in your bloodstream
- And when applied topically, reach every cell in your body within 20 minutes
Wouldn’t you want whatever hitting your brain, bloodstream, and entire body to work WITH your body and not against it? To be pure, non toxic, and chemical free? I definitely do.
Still asking yourself why you need oils in your life? Look at the ingredient list of what you have in your bathroom and kitchen. Every day we put products on our skin, in our body, and breathe them in, but many of these products contain damaging chemicals. The average woman applies over 300 chemicals a day to her body just through soaps, makeup, shampoos, and hair care products. 80 of those products are applied every day before breakfast!
But Aren’t All MLM Companies Scams?
I honestly don’t know how this became such a widespread assumption. If you want to tell me an MLM company is a Ponzi scheme, and I’m getting myself into fraudulent behavior, I encourage you to Google the definition of a Ponzi scheme. And if you actually know the difference between a Ponzi scheme and a pyramid scheme and still want to suggest that MLM companies are pyramid schemes, well then I encourage you to do a bit more research before making a stink.
The Balance Small Business articulates the difference in an easy to understand way. They say: “the big difference between multilevel marketing and a pyramid scheme is in the way the business operates. The entire purpose of a pyramid scheme is to get your money and then use you to recruit other suckers (ahem – distributors). The entire purpose of MLM is to move product. The theory behind MLM is that the larger the network of distributors, the more product the business will be able to sell.” If you’re unsure, or sketched out by the company, do your own research and decide what’s best for you.
If you understand the legitimacy behind Young Living’s business, and are excited to improve your quality of life by incorporating essential oils into your home and daily routines, then keep reading my friend!
So Why Should I Buy Young Living Essential Oils?
Young Living is the world leader in essential oils. They aren’t a new brand that just popped up in recent years when essential oils became trendy. They’ve been in business for decades. They’re experienced. They’re legitimate. And they have an incredible, trustworthy process of producing oils. Young Living is the only company with a Seed to Seal process, meaning that at no point in their production from seed to literally seal are they altered or added to, sprayed with chemicals or growth products, or treated in any way. They are the absolute purest, most authentic part of a plant that you can possibly get. And it gets better (or scarier, depending on how you look at it). Did you know the oil industry isn’t regulated? And a bottle only needs 5% of pure essential oils to be labeled 100% pure? Yea, I know what you’re thinking. I’m not mathematician, but even I know that math doesn’t add up. This means an oil you find at Whole Foods or Marshall’s might say 100% pure, and actually be 95% fillers and chemical additives. Did I mention that Young Living is the only essential oils company that has FDA approved products?
In addition to being a great company, with exceptionally high quality oils, the Young Living community is what truly sold me. I did my research. I read article after article after article in an attempt to understand who sold “the best oils.” But guess what? When I finally made my mind up to purchase from a specific brand, I left a question in their support forum and… crickets. I never heard back from them. Not from the company. Not from another user.
The world of essential oils is truthfully… a bit big and scary, and I didn’t want to jump in alone. I wanted to be sure I was using oils safely, and that I was well educated on the products before I brought them into my home. I followed a number of Young Living team members on social media, and knew that I’d have an incredible support system once I signed up.
Should I Sign Up as a Member or Retail Customer?
If a friend or someone you know is encouraging you to use Young Living essential oils, they’re most likely going to suggest you get started by becoming a member. I know what you’re thinking. No, no, no. No way, jose. Right? You’re not doing this to sell oils! Goodness, no! The shame! The embarrassment! I know… I felt the same way.
But guess what?
When you sign up as a member, you have zero obligation to ever sell a single oil to anyone. That’s right. Signing up as a member gets you all of the perks of membership, and there is no obligation or commitment to sell oils.
The pros of becoming a member?
- You get 24% of every future order, forever. By becoming a member, you get access to all wholesale prices. This alone is what sold me, because I knew I’d be making more than one purchase. Cost savings, people. More money that stays in your pocket.
- You get a diffuser, 11 of the most popular oils, and lots of goodies. In order to become a member, your first purchase is a “kit” rather than a single oil. Yes, it’s more expensive, but the kits are 50% off the actual retail value, so you get a diffuser, SO MANY OILS, and samples for an incredible price.
- You get a support team (and friends). Now granted, if you’re an essential oils expert and you don’t want to engage with your team, you don’t need to. Ever. You can go it alone and never be bothered. But, if you’re like me and feeling excited but completely overwhelmed by oils, your team is your lifeline. Facebook groups, Google Drive folders filled with information, Instagram group chats, text messages, emails, live events, team calls… so many resources at your fingertips, from people who are so passionate about helping you incorporate oils and better your life.
- No selling required, no monthly minimums, no commitments. You can sell if you want to. Aggressively, or quietly. Completely up to you, only if you choose to.
- It’s a larger investment upfront. A Premium Starter Kit is over $100, but if you’re interested in using oils, it’s worth it. Purchasing one or two stand alone oils makes it hard to really see the variety of uses and benefits of oils.
Now… for the truth. If you’re serious about incorporating essential oils into your home and daily routine, I wholeheartedly believe that purchasing a starter kit is a worthy investment. However, if you’re truly unsure and you want to purchase only one oil to get started, then do so as a retail customer. You’ll pay full price, and you won’t get the same access to resources and support as membership grants you, but you can save money by purchasing only the oil you want and test them out before making a larger investment.
How Do I Get My Premium Starter Kit with Young Living?
You’re still here! I’m so excited for you and can’t wait to see you begin your life with essential oils. To sign up as a member and get 24% off all future orders, earn rewards, and join an incredibly supportive team, click here.
- Visit this link (or go to https://www.youngliving.com/ and click “Become a Member” in the top right hand corner).
- Choose “Member” (it comes pre-checked), and ensure my number 14164670 is entered in the Sponsor and Enroller ID fields.
- On the next page, Step 1 requires that you choose the starter kit you’d like to purchase. The Premium Starter Kit is pre-selected for you, but you can browser the other tabs if you’d prefer another starter kit (such as the Thieves Cleaning Kit, NingXia Kit, or a Savvy Minerals makeup kit). If you’re purchasing the Premium Starter Kit, you’ll need to select which diffuser you get. It comes with either the Dewdrop or Desert Mist. Alternatively you can upgrade to purchase the Aria Ultrasonic Diffuser.
- Step 2 gives you the option to join Young Living’s rewards program. This earns you points and freebies with each purchase, but does require a 50 PV purchase each month (about $50). You should sign up for it with the purchase of your PSK, so you get all the points from this large order! But skip right over this if you’re not ready. Keep in mind you can cancel at any time, so it’s worth considering.
- Step 3 allows you to add more items to your first purchase. Skip over this as well if your’e just interested in the PSK.
- Follow the remaining instructions, completing your member info, shipping info, payment etc. and you’re in! If you’re at all confused, have any questions, or would like me to walk you through the process, send me a message at email@example.com. You can also watch this video (not mine) for a step by step guide: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oHSgsawbUO8
Now that I’ve completely overwhelmed you with information on essential oils, please let me know if you have any questions or want to talk more about incorporating essential oils into your home and daily routines. Email me at firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you’re undecided about whether you’re ready to purchase essential oils, or you’d just like to read more about how I’ve incorporated Young Living essential oils in my home and daily routines, you can browse all posts related to essential oils here.
[su_posts taxonomy=”post_tag” tax_term=”51″ post_status=”draft”]