At the time I’m writing this post, Young Living offers almost 20 unique diffuser products. From kids designs to travel diffusers to diffusers built into a USB, they offer a wide range of products intended to cover you from day to night, at home and on the go.
But with so many options, it might be overwhelming when you’re trying to figure out how to use your diffuser.
This post is here to help you!
Here’s an outline of exactly what we cover in this post:
- An overview of the 4 most popular diffusers
- Desert Mist Ultrasonic Diffuser
- Aria Diffuser
- Dewdrop Diffuser
- Rainstone Ultrasonic Diffuser
- How to use each diffuser option
- How to use the Desert Mist diffuser
- The Desert Mist diffuser manual
- How to use the Aria diffuser
- The Aria diffuser manual
- How to use the Dewdrop diffuser
- The Dewdrop diffuser manual
- How to use the Rainstone diffuser
- The Rainstone diffuser manual
- An overview of the 4 most popular diffusers
Before we get started, I need to say one thing. And it’s a tough pill to swallow.
First and most obviously: read the manual, guys. I know many of you (just like me!) dread the idea of actually reading a manual. That’s for crazy people, right? Well it’s quick, easy, and actually very important. But if you’ve tossed or lost yours, you can download your diffuser manual here.
If you’re looking for a quick overview of how to use your diffuser, keep reading my friends!
Drumroll… Meet The 4 Most Popular Diffusers
Let’s start with a breakdown of the diffusers offered in the Young Living Premium Starter Kit. I’d also argue these are the 4 most popular Young Living diffusers (although, that’s just my guess). After we compare the 4 diffusers included in starter kits, we’ll get into how to use your diffuser!
1. An Overview of the Desert Mist Ultrasonic Diffuser
Young Living’s Desert Mist Ultrasonic Diffuser is a newer, custom-designed diffuser made to look like a beautiful and elegant vase. The design features a romantic Moroccan trellis pattern, which brings a sense of the exotic into your home or office.
The Desert Mist Diffuser features a light cycle mode that transitions colors gently from one to another. You can also set it to stay on one festive color for any holiday or celebration. The Desert Mist Diffuser has three run modes of 5, 8, or 10 hours that are perfect for a customizable experience for entertaining or for a comfortable evening in. The Desert Mist Diffuser has 11 different light settings that can be turned off or on independent of the ultrasonic diffuser function.
This is by far the most popular diffuser choice for the Young Living Premium Starter Kit, so popular in fact that I have an entire post dedicated to it. If you recently purchased this diffuser, you may want to check out my post answering the top 5 questions about the Desert Mist diffuser.
2. An Overview of the Aria Diffuser
Young Living’s Aria Ultrasonic Diffuser is a unique, stylish way to bring the benefits of essential oils into your home or workplace. This system combines the latest in diffuser technology with a variety of useful features. The included remote lets you choose from a selection of soothing, built-in sounds, run time, or enjoy the multicolored LED lights. With the built-in speakers, you can plug in your own personal music device and enjoy the music of your choice. The Aria may be used daily to help create a peaceful, soothing environment wherever you need it most.
3. An Overview of the Dewdrop Diffuser
Young Living’s Dewdrop™ Diffuser functions as a humidifier, atomizer, and aroma diffuser in one simple-to-use product. Inspired by the purity and elegance of a drop of morning dew, the Dewdrop Diffuser’s design reflects Young Living’s dedication to providing high-quality essential oils. Its ultrasonic technology breaks any mixture of essential oils and water into millions of microparticles, disperses them into the air, and releases the constituents found in Young Living essential oils.
Custom designed with up to 4 hours of continuous run diffusion, automatic shut-off, and ambient light control, Young Living’s Dewdrop Diffuser can transform any space into a spa-like atmosphere.
4. An Overview of the Rainstone Ultrasonic Diffuser
Young Living’s Rainstone™ Diffuser provides a balanced convergence of the grounding element of earth with the enveloping and soothing powers of essential oil-infused mist. Created with an exquisite and rare purple clay found only in a small region of China, each Rainstone Diffuser is handmade using ancient craftsmanship passed down from generation to generation for more than 1,000 years.
The Rainstone requires 4-5 hours and dozens of hand-produced manufacturing steps to create–a skill set that requires at least three years of experience for each technician to perfect. Young Living’s Rainstone has a robust feature set, including continuous ultrasonic diffusion at 1.7 million waves per second; 1, 2, 3, 6, and 8 hour settings with automatic shutoff; five soft LED light settings (blue, yellow, purple, alternating each color, and off); a negative ionizer; and a remote control. The Rainstone’s elegant design and handcrafted artistry make it an exquisite piece of art to complement any décor and transform any space into an inviting, aroma-filled atmosphere.
Next Up: How to Use Young Living’s Diffusers
Already decided which diffuser you want to include with your Premium Starter Kit? Great! Purchase your starter kit, and then hold tight for 7-10 days until your package arrives. Next, you’ll need to get started with your essential oils, and one of the best ways to give them a test drive is diffusing essential oils.
I highly suggest you review the product manual specific to your diffuser so that you understand the setup, usage, cleaning, and troubleshooting for the product you’ve received. And remember, start low and go slow. If your diffuser says it can take up to 25 drops of essential oil, please don’t put that many drops in the very first time. Yikes. Your body needs time to adjust to the oils, so we suggest you start with a very small number of drops and gradually add more once you feel comfortable with how your body (and kids, pets, etc.) respond.
Here’s just a quick overview of how to use each diffuser. Once you have your diffuser set up, check out these Starter Kit diffuser blends for inspiration on what to diffuse first!
1. How to Use The Desert Mist Diffuser
- Remove both the outer and inner cover.
- Add room-temperature water until the level reaches but does not exceed the water fill line. (Always unplug the diffuser when filling or emptying the water reservoir.)
- Add 8–10 drops of Young Living essential oil.
- Replace both lids back onto the unit; align the groove on the inner cover to the half circle on the side of the reservoir.
- Plug the power adapter into a power outlet.
- Press the Power button to turn the diffuser on (One push = High mode, 2 pushes = Low mode, 3 pushes = Intermittent mode).
- Press the Light button to cycle through all of the available lighting options (1st setting = bright light, 2nd setting = low light, 3rd setting = flickering candle light, 4th setting = rotating colors, 5th setting and beyond = individual colors).
2. How to Use The Aria Diffuser
- Assemble the Aria by fitting on the splash guard, ventilation attachment, and electrical plug.
- Fill with distilled or filtered water up to the water indicator line.
- Place 15–25 drops of Young Living essential oil into the water well (more if you prefer more oil vapor in the air).
- Turn on the Aria using the remote and enjoy.
3. How to Use The Dewdrop Diffuser
- Remove both outer and inner lids.
- Add water until level reaches, but does not exceed, the red water fill line marker.
- Add 5-8 drops of essential oil.
- Replace both lids back onto the unit; align the groove on the outer lid to the notch on the base.
- Plug the power adaptor into a power outlet.
- Press the on/off button to switch on.
- The unit should be producing mist and the LED light should be on.
4. How to Use The Rainstone Diffuser
- Fill the included water cup with room-temperature tap or mineral water. (Do not use purified or distilled water or the diffuser may not generate mist.)
- Add 8–10 drops of your favorite essential oil into the water cup.
- Remove the lid from the diffuser.
- Pull the ventilation hole switch up to close it so water does not get into the internal electronics.
- Pour the water and essential oil mixture into the water reservoir. Continue filling with water until the water level reaches, but does not exceed, the red water fill line. (If water exceeds the red water fill line, the diffuser may not generate mist.)
- Push the ventilation hole switch down to open it.
- Place the lid back on the diffuser.
- Plug the power line plug into the power adaptor input on the diffuser base.
- Plug the adaptor plug into a power socket.
- Press the remote control “ON/OFF (8H)” button to turn on the diffuser, LED light (alternating blue, yellow, and purple), and the ionizer with automatic shut off after 8 hours or adjust settings as desired. (The remote control should be used within 26 feet of the diffuser.)
- The diffuser will run until the selected automatic shut-off time or until the water reservoir is empty.
Which diffuser will you purchase? What other questions do you have about the Young Living diffuser options? Let me know!