If a friend or someone you know is encouraging you to use Young Living essential oils, they will most likely suggest you get started by becoming a member. You might hear other terms like “wholesale member”, “distributor”, or “starter kit”, but no matter which word your friend is using, they most likely are referring to the same thing. If you’re interested in oils, but confused on how you should purchase them, keep reading.
Young Living allows customers to purchase products one of two ways: as a member, or a retail customer.
By becoming a member, you technically become independent distributor. Stick with me though. Although this may sound scary, you in no way shape or form ever have to sell oils to anyone. Ever. Unless you choose to. Becoming a member allows you to sell oils to friends and family, but does not require you to sell oils.
The Truth About Young Living Membership
Correcting Common Misconceptions About Becoming a Young Living Member
- There is no requirement to sell oils to other people, ever.
- You do not need to purchase items every month. Or every other month. Or even every other other month. In fact, your first purchase could be your only purchase this entire year, and that’s fine!
- There is no monthly minimum that you need to spend.
- You are not committing a crime by becoming a member of an MLM company.
The Only Actual Requirements of Becoming a Young Living Member
- You will need to purchase one of the “Starter Kits” to enroll as a member. These kits are more expensive than purchasing a single oil, but it’s well worth it.
- In order to keep your account “active” status, you need to spend $50 a year. If you miss the $50 annual purchase requirement, you simply lose your member status. They won’t automatically charge you anything, and there’s no harm to you.
The Benefits of Becoming a Young Living Member
- By purchasing a premium starter kit, you get the biggest bang for your buck, up front. You get 11 oils, a diffuser, Thieves cleaning samples, Ningxia Red samples, a roller fitment, and educational material for $160. The retail cost of these products is over $300.
- You’ll receive 24% off retail prices for every purchase moving forward. FYI, this is why I signed up as a member!
- You’ll be eligible to sign up for Essential Rewards.
- You’ll qualify for member only discounts and freebies.
- No membership fees.
- No yearly dues.
- No obligation.
- No selling required.
The Only Downside of Becoming a Young Living Member
- It’s a larger investment upfront. A Premium Starter Kit is over $160, but if you’re interested in using oils, I find it to be entirely worth it. Purchasing one or two stand alone oils and a diffuser might get you close to the same cost (and the kit comes with ELEVEN oils), and also from a learning/usage perspective, it’s harder to see the variety of uses and benefits of oils if you’re only using one or two.
To Buy a Premium Starter Kit or Not?
So, should you buy a starter kit and become a Young Living member, or simply purchase products at retail price? Here’s my two cents:
- If you’re serious about incorporating essential oils into your home and daily routine, I wholeheartedly believe that purchasing a starter kit is a worthy investment.
- If you’re truly unsure and you want to purchase only one oil to get started, then do so as a retail customer. You’ll pay full price, and you won’t get the same access to resources and support as membership grants you, but you can save money by purchasing only the oil you want and test it out before making a larger investment.
Both options are good options, as it’s a smart and healthy decision to begin incorporating essential oils into your lifestyle! If you’ve decided that you want to purchase a Premium Starter Kit and get 24% off all future orders, earn rewards, and join an incredibly supportive team, click here to get started.